Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back in the Groove

It has been quite a while since I have really done a shopping trip at Albertsons. It has been a while since they have at a great sale that I was really interested in. Twice the Value (doubler) coupons came out Sunday. I finally got caught up on getting them all cut and set out today to use the doubles. All 12 of them. Gunnar and I had a game plan.
Photobucket
I ended up paying $3.96 for all of this! I was stoked and ready for the next sale. Things are starting to heat up at the stores now that the holidays are approaching. I've rerad over and over again that sales get really good around Thanksgiving and I think that is about right.

I was able to get all of the popcorn for FREE, all 8 of them. The cookie dough was also FREE. The walnuts were $.50 each. Nuts are sooo spendy in general so that was awesome. The veggies were $.30 each. So most of the overall total was tax.

Total overall cost would have been: $56.80

2 clever remarks:

mandbrid said...

What a great deal! I have looked into couponing - I even went to a class. I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I don't get to go shopping without a cart full of kids very often since Tony works late and takes classes most nights....it just seems overwhelming. It looks like a lot of fun if you can carve out time in your schedule to do it though....keep sharing your great finds and maybe someday I'll get the courage to try!

Shauna said...

what a great deal. We especially love homestyle popcorn. I need to get back into it too!