Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nine Years and More To Go

This last Wednesday, Jeff and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Time really does fly and it really does not feel like it has been that many. We have had tons of fun along the way as well as many challenges that make our relationship that much stronger. I am thankful for Jeff. He is a super hard worker, he is a great dad, he is a great husband.

Heidi was kind enough to take Gunnar that night so we could do who knows what. We decided to head to Wingers. I love Wingers. I love the Wingers sauce. From working there in high school, I have been conditioned to love the sauce and crave it. It has been a while since I'd been. The best part was that I had a coupon. Cheesy I know but it makes it that much better. They also had all you can eat wings. So yummy. So we got a burger for $5, split it and then split the all you can eat wings as they came out. We ate a lot of them. The best part was that the entire meal came to $20 even with the tip included. Really!? We never, ever go out to eat, and spend that little and still feel satisfied. Jeff and I can easily go to Red Robin and blow $40. That is why we haven't been there for a while. Anyway, we were thrilled. We then headed to the cheap theater to see Love Happens. We really didn't have anything in mind and there was nothing that looked interesting at Edwards (with spendy tickets anyway), so we saw that Love Happens was starting in 20 minutes and headed in.

We had a fun, no plans night and enjoyed ourselves. So here is to many, many more years of fun.

7 clever remarks:

Danielle said...

Congrats! That is amazing! 9 years! Sounds like you guys celebrate like we do. Nothing big! Your new doggie in your last post is super cute too, by the way!

Mindy said...

Yea for coupons and Wingers! I love the wingers sauce too since you worked there! I am happy for you guys! I can't believe Jeff has been able to put up with you for that long already... Haha j/k. You are much nicer and not as selfish, like the old days! You two are a great example for me! Love you both

Shauna said...

Wow 9 years!! you're practically an old, married couple now!! ha ha. You'll have to do something BIG next year. Way to go on making the evening a cheap one (with the coupons etc of course)

Megan and Greg said...

Happy Anniversary! Is it strange your night out made me feel so much better? It was completely something Greg and I would do/ have done. We are so cheap and are all about saving money. It's nice to know other people are the same way! (not cheap- just a money saver!) Sounded like a great night!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

congrats!!! I am happy for you! I am glad you got to do something fun! I have decided none of us gets out of this life w/o some real challenges. It has been sobering to me. But in the end we are here to learn to find joy and it looks like that is what you did! Good for you! Love you and miss you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Oh by the way that pic of Gunnar is awesome!

Joleen said...

Hey Kristi! I saw your comment on 'The Lord's Humor' and came to check out your blog!
If you want an invite to ours drop me an email: jojomckay @ yahoo dot com

Happy Anniversary!
Tim and I will celebrate 10 years this summer. Crazy how the time flies!! :D