Friday, December 11, 2009

Snow Much Fun

Photobucket

After snowed, Gunnar insisted that he needed to go out and play at 7:30am. I told him it was way to cold but he insisted. We got him out of his jammies, into day clothes, put a coat on and snow boots and I let him quickly run in the front yard while I got the newspaper. He ran in a few quick circles, threw some snow in the air and decided that it was way to cold and ran back in. I warned him. After that, he begged to go out. I hate going out in the cold so I told him dad would go after work. It gets dark right after Jeff gets home but thankfully that day, Jeff got off 1/2 hours earlier. They had fun, the way that boys do. They wanted to build a snowman but the snow was way to dry.

Photobucket

They were shoveling the yard for snow for the snowman that never took place. Shovels are always fun for little boys.

Photobucket

I decided to let Diesel out front for the fun. He needs to learn to stick around and have fun with the family instead of down the road in someone elses yard. We have never owned a dog that just sticks around the family. Fences are a must. So I am determined to train him well off leash in our yard. So far he loves being with us and is starting to listen better. He at least knows his name now so he knows who we are yelling at...him.

Photobucket

We have him now to where he will sit waiting for his toys until we say "fetch". He also comes back for the most part unless he is just done with the game. He also sits and waits in his kennel and when we feed him until we tell him he can go ahead. He learns pretty quickly. Oh ya, he is also mostly potty trained but has a few accidents here and there. I read that a dog is not fully potty trained until they have not had any accidents for like 6 months. Interesting. Anyway, he does well and tries hard. He now goes potty on command which is awesome when it is super cold outside. He's learning. This next picture I took on a very wrong setting on the camera, but the result was pretty cool.

Photobucket

What was I doing during the fun. I was warmly indoors making dinner and watching extreme christmas light decorating. My type of entertainment.

0 clever remarks: