Tuesday, February 23, 2010

3 year olds are monsters

Saturday we had a frustrating morning. Every morning (at least recently), Gunnar feels that he needs a cookie for breakfast. Does he get one ever? No way. At this particular time, he was off doing something and the phone rang. It was Mindy and she said that she had a question for me. I had to interrupt her to tell Gunnar that no he could not have a cookie. He was throwing a huge tantrum and in the heat of it, slapped a bowl full of milk and soggy cereal, full force at me. It plastered the cabinets, door to the pantry, wall, chairs, floor, me. It was disgusting. I was mad! He knew he was in trouble and was set to his room. Mindy was laughing on the other end of the phone. How dare her. It was not funny at all. The milk was everywhere! She told me that one day, she will be there and I can laugh at her. Beoy will I laugh at her. The worst part is that we have one dining area and the previous owners put carpet in it. Who puts carpet where you eat. Yuck! So I had soggy cereal, and the worst, milk in the carpet. If I had tile, I probably would not have been that mad, but carpet is gross. I am always spot cleaning stuff from our carpets. This spring I plan on cleaning them anyway, thank goodness. They need it. Anyway, he would not come out of his room for hours. He would not even tell Jeff what he did. He's learned his lesson.

Later that afternoon we had to deliver something in Boise. We took Diesel for the ride. He was good but he had pent up energy and was not really that thrilled that he had to sit. He fell asleep on the way home but I think this happened when we pulled into the drive way. I went to take Gunnar out of his seat and noticed dog puke all over the floor in the back. It was so gross. So Jeff and I had to clean that up. Jeff got everything up. You couldn't even see the puke and I had to spot clean it just for added cleanliness. Just the visual of what it looked like before was making me gag bad. How am I ever going to handle a newborn again. I gagged with Gunnar so nothing is new. Saturday was quite the day.

This was Friday or Saturday, I cleaned a set of foam craft stamps and they were drying in the kitchen. I carried them all back to my craft room to be put away. One fell on the ground. Gunnar ran over and said, "Mom let me get that because you are bigger!" Thanks buddy. You calling me FAT! It was pretty funny.

6 clever remarks:

Lizzie said...

Amen, sista. I couldn't agree more with the title of this post. If you find some camp to turn 3 year olds more civilized, let me know and maybe Gunnar and Kate could attend together. = )

Mindy said...

It was really funny to be on the other end of the phone and just hear what was going on. Jack got so mad at me last night that with his angry look he was "eating me all gone" and yes, pretending to eat me so I would go away. Surprise kid... didn't work, still here!

Megan and Greg said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I was laughing too until you mentioned the carpet- now I really DO feel bad for you. No, it's awful, but it's funny too. Oh and the dog puke. Sigh. Not a good day. You'll be glad you blogged this later. I love reading about all my woes of the past.

Amber H. said...

Sorry! None of my kids have ever thrown milk all over me and the floor and cabinets, but they did do that strawberry disaster a few years back. Do you remember reading about that on my blog? Smeared it ALL over the white carpet, walls and stairs of my in law's house! AHHH! Lovely the things kids can do! It sounds like your dog might have anxiety in the car. We dealt with that with Piper. They have some calming medicine at Petco that we bought that helped her. She threw up EVERY time we took her anywhere! It was disgusting! So sorry. Those kinds of days are just no fun!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok, I'm sorry but I bust out laughing when you said he threw a bowl of soggy ceral at you- it just makes me laugh when I think of these "innocent" little kids and how they have these minds of their own, and just do what they want, I just wish I could hear their thought process. Sorry times are frusterating right now, I have no parenting, comforting been there advice for you! Just keep going! And thanks for the laugh.

Shauna said...

kids definitely test your patience. Milk on the carpet would really suck to clean up. Boston is driving me totally nuts these days too with his independence and tantrums! I could not handle the dog puke thing!