Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Boy

I love my little guy and some days I love him more when he is sound asleep. He wears me out. The past few days, he has been exhausted and falls asleep slightly before bedtime. Jeff and I don't complain.
Photobucket
Yesterday was one of those busy days. I had another doctors appointment in the afternoon and Gunnar got to go with me. He usually goes to work with Heidi on Monday so this was exciting. He was pretty sure that the doctor would check my baby and his baby. I couldn't wait to see what the doctor had to say. Gunnar was such a helper in holding my purse when I had to get weighed and then came the urine sample. I knew that this would be comical.
He was quite fascinated in the entire process. I either had to leave him in the exam room (bad idea) or he tagged along. He loudly reminded me to get my pee cup before we left the bathroom. Thanks Gunnar. He also proudly announced to the nurse that his mom peed in a cup. She gave him a nice little talk about NOT doing this at home. Mommies only do it at the doctors. She nicely explained to him the little stick they dip in there. He was cracking us up. Then the doctor came in. They had a lovely chat about peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. It was then time to hear the heartbeat. Gunnar was able to sit by me and hold the machine thing. Dr. West also let him push the button to turn it on. He felt so important.

The heartbeat was there and doing well. Thank goodness. A week ago I started to feel the baby kick often. In 3 weeks we get to find out what this baby is. We are all so excited. If Dr. West is right, it will be a girl. That is just his guess without any ultrasounds. With Gunnar he was right and I had that feeling with him he would be a boy. My dad thinks it will be a girl too and Mindy is dead set on a boy. At this time, we only have a bunch of girl names and one boy name that we remotely like. Hmmm...

I went ahead and put a poll up on the right hand side of the blog for your guesses. What do you think this baby will be?

5 clever remarks:

Michelle Johnson said...

How fun! Kids in doctors offices are so cute! Do you go to Tim West at the Women's Clinic? He was my doc for both girls, I love him! He predicted both of my pregnancies would be girls and he was right. He said he'd never been wrong so far, so I'm betting you're having a girl!

Shauna said...

I took Boston yesterday for the first time to my OB appt. and he wanted to have one of those urine cups to drink from! yikes. He didn't show any interest in the babies heartbeat. I know a certain trend with some of my friends/cousins: boy, then girl! It will be exciting the day you find out!

mandbrid said...

So fun! My kids always liked to tag along too....

I am so excited for you! I voted for a boy...can't wait to find out!

Megan and Greg said...

That is so cute about Gunnar! Kids say the cutest things. I love seeing things thru their eyes. Man, that door window idea turned out great! I've never heard of that! It looks beautiful.

Mindy said...

Cute picture! What a good boy!I love your music too on the blog!