Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our Bigger Baby

I made this bed for Kaika when I was in my sewing craze last week. She loves it. Gunnar decided that she needed more blankets and boy did she love it. She was in heaven.
Photobucket
Lately we have been wondering what her future will look like. She is going on about 11 years old. She is a big girl at about 100lbs. She has always had nerve/hip/back leg problems because of her size. The last few days, she started limping on one of her front feet. Then the last couple of days, she started have excruciating pain in her hind legs. She just wants to lay constantly because the pain is so bad in her back legs. I have to pull her up every morning and get her going for the day. The rest of the day she can get up and down better once her legs are stretched a little. We are giving her glucosamine tablets again to help. It did last time. It really is so sad. Last time we took her in for this problem 5 years ago, the vet told us that she could have back surgery from a surgeon in Sun Valley. Like not an option. Can you imagine how much that would cost? Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see what happens with time.

1 clever remarks:

Amber H. said...

Your poor dog! I feel so bad for her. I hope something can help her with her pain :o( My heart aches for her, and you guys!