Friday, March 12, 2010

We Are Determined

Photobucket
We are going to make this. Oh yes we are. Jeff is even on board and excited about it, I think. I ran across similar plans on Knock Off Wood and this is exactly what we have wanted for years. But just as Anna mentioned, the real thing is super expensive. Heck, the cheaper versions are expensive and just that...cheap! I am all about buying the very best quality that you can afford. I get that from my dad. After doing rediculous amounts of research. Anyway, this is it. I read the plans word for word and realized that Jeff and I could totally do this. The dimensions are perfect for the space and everything about it is perfect for what needs to go in there. This year Jeff and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We never get anything for each other. Why spend precious money on things that we do a great job of buying throughout the year. So, this year, we are going to built this entertainment center for our anniversary. I am excited. Jeff now thinks that he has 8 months before our anniversary to complete this, but I wanted it like yesterday. Hopefully we can get a start on it within the next couple of months.
Photobucket
We are going to add an additional shelf in the bottom and we hope to figure out a way that we can slide the doors back into the unit. We need to price the parts out for that. I really think that I am going to paint it an antiqued white. Jeff wasn't thrilled with the idea but once I told him that it would lightened up our smaller family room, he thought it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. We'll see because once it is painted, that is what it will be for a long time. We've had our current cheaper Target entertainment center for 10 years, the day that we were married. I think that we deserve sturdier grown up furniture now that we are approaching 10 years of marriage, especially if we can built it together for a fraction of the cost. Suprisingly, our current entertainment center still looks really good.

4 clever remarks:

Anonymous said...

oo! looks fun!

Megan and Greg said...

That is sweet if you guys can make that thing! I would LOVE having something like that, but yeah- way too expensive and I don't really have the skills to just whip one out myself. Way to go! I can't wait to see the results! Your jewelry holder is so cute!!! And I love Gunnar's chore chart. It reminds me of mine when I was little. I totally remember them.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that's so exciting! good luck! can't wait to see how it turns out- and the antiquing- mike is the same way- he likes real wood- and doesn't like to paint things- BUT- when I made my christmas sign- I was shocked when I asked his opinion and he thought I should antique it, I don't know what he'd think about furniture, I ofcourse, LOVE that look.

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

OH I love this website!! I have been drooling over furniture plans from there for months. If only I had a house...keep me updated on your build. I need to live vicariously!!