Thursday, June 17, 2010

Germ Bugs

Photobucket
June 2nd we had a family affair at our new dentist's office. Jeff had to have 2 cavities replaced and Gunnar had to have his first cavity filled. He was actually excited to go for some reason. Mostly because he had no idea what he was getting into. Our dentist assured us that it would only take about 20 minutes, and it did.
Photobucket
Gunnar intently listened to all of the instructions and Dr. Tom had hilarious names for all of the tools that they were going to use. Dr. Tom was sooooo good with kids. Him and his dad do this together. The business goes way back in the family. We go to church with "Dr. John" so Gunnar was really familiar with him which helped on our first visit the prior week. Tom, their son, was awesome and I would recommend him for any child. He was funny and Gunnar loved it.
Photobucket
Gunnar was not so hot with the shot part. He didn't move, he didn't flinch but kept indicating that it hurt. Well, ya. Little guy, your mama knows all about shots at the dentist with lots of cavities to prove it. Watching him go through this didn't bother me at all. I could really care less actually but something was severely wrong. I was sitting on a stool while Jeff stood next to me and I felt soooo lightheaded and whoozy and I seriously felt like I was going to pass out. Not sure why. Or maybe it was all of those horrible dental childhood memories flooding back. It was aweful. Jeff told me to get out of there and get fresh air. I was worried that I would pass out on the way out so I stayed. It was weird and went away when we left. Anyway, Gunnar was told to tap his finger if he needed a break and that poor little finger was tapping like crazy. After the shot, he was good to go and everything went quickly.
Photobucket
He had a numb little cheek and kept telling me that it felt funny. Thankfully Jeff had the numb cheek together so they could easily relate. December it is my turn, replacing 4 cavities because the fillings are old. Oh yeah!! Totally sarcastic!
Photobucket

6 clever remarks:

Mindy said...

the little guy is braver then I am. I freak out at the dentist.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh man, can that guy by my dentist? That is SWEET Gunnar did so good. I get so tense in the chair, my body always feel really sore afterwards.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is so cool that the doctor had names for the tools, and was really good with kids- makes all teh difference! i don't remember the dentist being like that! That's so great! He is such a cutie, all little in that big chair, being so brave- his poor little finger was probably so tired from tapping so much!

katy said...

Wow, sounds like he did really well. He couldn't look happier about being there. Poor you though. That is weird you got dizzy.

HeidiT said...

He was just asking me this week if I had germ bugs in my mouth. I said nope I brush really well! And he said "well, I just can't brush that good so I get germ bugs" I told him to keep practicing.

Stacey said...

Hey, we know him! Tom is a great guy!