Thursday, June 10, 2010

Punches and Jabs

Boy does this baby move a lot and he is getting stronger and stronger making some of them more painful. As I write this, my stomach is a circus act. I can only imagine what it must look like on the inside. There is only so many places he can go. So many people have commented on here and just in life that I must be nesting because I am doing or getting so much done. So not true. I have no energy...zero, zip, zilch. I have to muster the little that I have just to work on anything. Really it is getting projects done that have been started and have been sitting in my way of, say dinner, at the table. It seriously takes me about half a day to get myself in the mind set of working on anything at all. It does feel good to cross things off the list but I am usually too drained to have any type of celebratory party over it.

One thing that is driving me nuts is how low this baby has always felt. I don't walk like I have a baby between my legs (waddle) but he is down there and my crotch always hurts. Nonstop hurts. It's rediculous. I never experienced this with Gunnar. So interesting how one pregnancy can be pretty different from the next. I am also starting to get bothered by how some people feel that I can do anything still and that 5 weeks away from having a baby is no big deal. Granted I am not on bedrest and can still get around easily, it doesn't mean that my body doesn't hurt and it hurts bad. My upper half is great. It all centers around my lower half...my hips and down. They hurt and that darn crotch problem. I have to remind Jeff often that I hurt and am seriously tired that sometimes I just need a break. After all I am carrying a baby. That's a big deal right? I had to remind my mom too. On Tuesday I spent all day helping her plant tons of flowers in pots. She had me lifting bags of steer manure and potting soil and planting flowers of course. I kept telling her that I was desperately tired and she seriously didn't understand and kept making fun of me. She would then tell me a couple of different times that I need to spray chemicals on her plants to keep them from getting disease because she couldn't really do the pump sprayer. Hmmm, is that something that I should really be doing. A couple of times I told her that her grandson is going to come out with 1 foot and 4 fingers. She laughed but didn't really care. The next day I was sooooo sore it was incredible. I hurt so bad. I still hurt.

Boy am I complaining but it hurts really bad and I am tired and grouchy.

6 clever remarks:

Megan and Greg said...

Oooo the crotch, I hope I can just skip that part somehow. Doesn't sound fun. Ok, don't lift anything or breathe in chemicals. Are you crazy? Tell people to shove it! I don't know, I don't have problems being blunt with people. I have had such the opposite problem. I feel like people won't LET me do anything. NOTHING, like I am helpless now, because of the baby. And I am not as far along as you. I'm sorry, but really you need to go easier. I mean really, you could go into labor too early or something. It IS important. Remember, YOU'RE the priority right now.

Danielle said...

I agree with Megs. You are SO the priority- and you just need to be blunt with people. Really, the priority is the BABY! Which means you- cause the baby's in you! Be careful and don't feel bad about saying no! I'm so sorry about the crotch thing. That sounds awful! You can complain anytime- you always have such a good attitude, you deserve it!

mandbrid said...

Just put yourself on bedrest Krisi. Seriously. I had intense pelvic pain with my 3rd pregnancy...it's awful! I feel for you. If you have any sewing projects that you need done - let me know. I'd be happy to finish them for you. I'd also take Gunnar for a day if you'd like - my kids would be thrilled! And I mean it about the bedrest. Just say "I'm on limited bedrest for now, sorry." my number is five one four zero seven eight three and I'm sure you still have my email address.

Elizabeth said...

I agree with the previous two posters don't forget to relax. I know it's hard especially when you have one already. With my second I had the crotch pain too and the only way to keep it from getting so bad was to sit down and relax more often. Turns out my daughter was sitting in there crooked and that is why it hurt so bad.

shellysanford said...

So...with each kid I have experienced more and more pain there and a story about the last baby if you want to hear it...but not one for posting on blogs:)Spraying chemicals you shouldn't be doing and if your mom doesn't understand that is her problem and you usually don't have a problem telling people how you feel, you need to keep yourself and your baby safe.

Brandon and Katee said...

I totally understand the pain in the crotch thing!! Experienced it through my whole pregnancy with Brandon, I feel your pain......Also, bring Gunnar over, let me watch him so you can get some rest. You are a very pregnant woman who needs to keep your energy up. And people forget so easily what it's like to be pregnant. Just know, I totally understand :) Can't wait to meet him!