Sunday, June 20, 2010

Remember this aweful mess?

Photobucket
It now looks so much better and exactly what I had invisioned. Plus it is so much easier to store and take the recyclables to the place we have to take them.
Photobucket
We have a bag for plastics, cardboard and now paper. I decided to put the newspapers in rubbermaids on the bottom because they just got so heavy. The other rubbermaid I was thinking of using for items that I find around the house that need donated. These bags are so big and easy to haul around. Everything was stuff that we already had. We cut down the board and trim that we had and used a door knob and two hooks that we already had as well. It all essentially cost me the the two rubbermaid bins and my time. I love the clean look that it now provides the things we recycle. Before I was getting close to installing a curtain in the opening to hide it. I think I like this so much better.
Photobucket

6 clever remarks:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That looks so great! And clean and organized and cute! So I have a question- in Idaho, do they not come to your house and collect recycling like they do with garbage? Do you guys have to go somewhere to dispose of it? It kind of sounded that way by teh way you were talking about it. Or does it cost to have them pick it up? Great job.

Kristi M. said...

It all depends on the city. In Boise where Mindy is, they have a city wide pick up. In Caldwell they don't and I wish that they did. We have to take it to a drop off site in the parking lot of a nearby store.

Danielle said...

Wow- that is awesome! I love it! And good for you for recycling! I just love what you did with the bags and stuff!

Mindy said...

That looks SO much better! By the way.... thanks, Jeff, for helping the world and recycle. (I know it wasn't your idea Kristi) Hehe!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh, your prego pics are so pretty!!! I love them! I read all about your hula stuff. Those pics in the red tops were funny, but you still looked cute too. I think that's so cool you guys do that together. I love to dance and I've never hula danced before. That's nice how you labeled the bags. Did you make those yourself? Looks nice how you can't see through to the recyclables.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh, your prego pics are so pretty!!! I love them! I read all about your hula stuff. Those pics in the red tops were funny, but you still looked cute too. I think that's so cool you guys do that together. I love to dance and I've never hula danced before. That's nice how you labeled the bags. Did you make those yourself? Looks nice how you can't see through to the recyclables.