Thursday, July 22, 2010

2 Weeks

Photobucket
I can't believe 2 days ago marked 2 weeks with Brecken. Sometimes it feels much longer than that but then sometimes it feels like yesterday that I had him. He is starting to change so much and most of the time I am not sure that he really looks like Gunnar.
Photobucket
He is a pretty funny little boy. It still takes a lot to really make him mad. He sends us so many little signals to let us know that he is hungry or tired and then will slowly make his way up to mad if it really gets to that point. He has such a nice mellow personality. Much like Gunnar at this age. He has been such a good baby so far.
Photobucket
Most babies at this age still love to be swaddled. Not our little guy. He has always loved to have at least one hand out. He was like that in the hospital too. The one arm always managed to find its way out. He is a pretty good sleeper. Two nights ago was the first time that I was able to sleep in my own bed in the last 5 weeks. It felt so good and so strange at the same time because it had been so long. Brecken for some reason would not sleep in the portable bassinet thingy that we have. He had to be sleeping right next to me and when he figured out that he wasn't he would start crying. The last few days I started to put him on one end of the couch and me on the other and eventually he got used to sleeping alone. It worked because I've been sleeping in my own bed again.
As the days go by, things are getting a little easier. I am feeling much better and a schedule is starting to happen...sort of. The other day as I was changing Brecken's clothes for the day, I was thinking about how some teenagers want to become mom's so bad and will make poor choices to make that happen. Why in their right mind would anyone want to do that before they were married and had a good home for a baby. Babies are cute and cuddly and can give you purpose but boy are they work, exhausting, and frustrating at times. Being a mom, especially to a newborn, is not all fun and games.
I am so glad that we have a stable, loving home for our boys. That there is lots of love here and amongst their extended family for them.
Photobucket

4 clever remarks:

Mindy said...

I just love little Brecken. I am glad your not one of those moms who want Brecken sleeping with you in bed! And teenagers who want babies... they just aren't mature enough to realize how much money/work little ones are. Probably why their parents end up taking care of their baby.

Shauna said...

The time goes so dang fast, so enjoy the newness of the newborn. I'm glad you're in your own bed now!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

soooooo cute. I'm so glad he's such a good baby and that you're able to sleep in your own bed.

Megan and Greg said...

How many teens WANT to become moms? I did when I got OLDER, but not when I was still in highschool. I don't know. I've never known anyone like that. Crazy. Cute pics. Glad the schedule is approaching, that will make life easier. And sleeping in your bed! That's great!