Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home Run!

Photobucket
This last Saturday we had Heidi's baby shower. Mindy and I were so excited about the theme. We decided to have a baseball theme for a girl. Why you may think. Heidi is naming baby Camden after a baseball park. She was slightly obsessed in high school and really got into watching baseball because a few of her friends played the sport. She really loves Cal Ripkin and he played for the Orioles at Camden Fields. You get the idea. So we thought the theme was really fitting. The colors were pink, red, white and black.Mindy did an awesome job on the banners and sign.
Photobucket
The food went along with the theme. Mindy and I first thought of hot dogs but then we didn't want to be in charge of cooking them, so then we came up with a nacho bar, lil smokies, peanuts and homemade gourmet popcorn as the party favor. We were so pleased with ourselves. We loved that all of it was kept warm in crockpots. So easy and yummy.
Photobucket
We are not game people at all. So we had the guests guess how many chocolate peanut butter eye ball candies were in a jar. She kept the candy and the guests got another gift. The other was measuring out enough yarn to get the closest to how big around she was. We were pretty sure that our cousin was the closest...
Photobucket
she totally lost! We had another guest guess it right on. She string was exact, tip to tip. It was pretty crazy.
Photobucket
Heidi got a lot of pretty cute things and many practical things that she needed.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mindy made this super cute blanket. I love it and I love the saying. We also couldn't let Brecken off with just a nap during the party. We had to test out the cute hat that she got.
Photobucket
I am SO excited for baby Camden to arrive. The excitement is getting unbearable the closer it gets. She has about 20 days left as of today. She knows that she will most likely be induced the week before so we have about 2 week or less before she comes. So weird to think that Brecken came 10 days early so Heidi could potentially have around ten days left. That is not that far away at all.

3 clever remarks:

Danielle said...

Looks so fun! I"m so excited for her.

Megan and Greg said...

so cute! i wish i could've been there. heidi looks great. yeah, scarlet was a week early, so it could be just around the corner! so exciting!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

ok this is funny- so i've seen teh heading on my update blogger list "home run" so I assumed it had to do with sports, and I hate sports, so I didn't click on it. THEN- I looked at your blog when it was about camden, haha- and I scroll down and it's a baby shower. SO cute!!!!! I love the theme! So cute, I have never seen that idea before- I love it! Love the colors and that banner was so cute. That's so fun how you did all teh food you'd see at concessions. I'm so glad you were able to have the shower before the baby came!And the hat is so cute on brecken! it's adorable- so funny how at that age, babies can be either gender depending on what they're wearing. I never understand why people get so offended if you think it's a boy or girl at that age- they could be either! That is funny you say you are not game people- our family doesn't play games either! must be an arnold thing