Monday, January 10, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

I was planning on writing a list of things that happened last year and things to come for this year at the beginning of the month but couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't get passed the few things that I did remember from last year like our trip to Bend Oregon (super fun) and the birth of Brecken (the most important one) to the birth of my newest niece (a close second) but that is all I could remember because I seriously could not get passed the crappy things that all happened at once. Such as our car that has been broken for 2 months, the furnace that decided to break at the same time, followed by a possible job change that would have benefitted our family greatly that didn't happen, to our one computer (that has important things that I need from it) that decided to contract something bad, to our truck having issues as well (fixed thankfully). That is how we ended our year. I then thought the new year would be better but our car that we thought was fixed decided to unfix itself shortly before 2011. So I figured forget it, I am not in the mood to think too far ahead and write a blog post. Who knows what this new year will bring us. I am hoping to really sit down and hammer out a goal here or there. Something attainable and doable. Something that will benefit the entire family and self in the long term. I feel like I am in this cloud of I don't know and I have very little motivation to move forward. I attribute a ton of it to a huge lack of sleep.. I have always needed my sleep but at this time in life, I get little and that is how it goes. It also doesn't help that I have a highly energetic 4 year old that drives me bonkers most days and wears me out. Once I get my goals on paper, I really need to put them on here to hold myself accountable to them. The ones that I have in mind would change the way that I feel a lot. I think this weather also doesn't help. I have always gotten slightly down during the winter months and it drives me bonkers. I can't stand having shorter days and it rarely is sunny. I can't wait until spring comes along and my mood will hopefully lighten.

3 clever remarks:

Trenton & Maren said...

I hear you with the lack of sleep, feeling down in the winter and having a child that drives you bonkers most days.... and yes, thankfully spring will come. Hopefully sooner than later, huh? And thanks for the list of 39... made me laugh too.

Brittney said...

Things will always come up, good and bad, it's how you deal with them that counts! Keep a smile on your face and know "this too shall pass"! I promise it gets better, I'm just starting to see the beginning of it!

Jess said...

At least you have some good reasons for not wanting to write out a list, I'm just WAY too lazy : ) Sorry about the car trouble that is NEVER fun. Hope it gets fixed soon.