Friday, February 18, 2011

Taxes and Beaches

I have several things that I watned to post but I've just become a little lazy but also preoccupied with other things. My biggest focus right now has become our taxes. We use Turbo Tax which is awesome and easy but my eyes are BUGGING out of my head from staring at the screen for so long. My head hurts so BAD! But I want these stinkin' taxes done. Because Jeff does tile stuff on the side, we still have all of that stuff to do so things aren't so cut and dry. On a good note, I am actually greatful that we are doing our own this year. My dad has done our taxes for the last 10 years. He's not in town this year, so we are all on our own. Why am I greatful? I am actually understanding some of this stuff. I now understand why keeping receipts and logs are super important but also things that we can deduct (that I didn't realize before) with proper receipts etc.

On an even better note...my sister got engaged this last Sunday which we are all super excited about. I am so happy for them. So what does this mean...we will be heading to Hawaii the end of September and I can't wait. It has been 10 years since I've last been and I miss it. I am a beach girl, Jeff more a mountain boy. Thank you Mindy and Rillz for making this possible on so many levels!

3 clever remarks:

HeidiT said...

Grrr, haven't started the taxes yet,I'm a little scared - and embarrassed to say that we have never done our own! Thank you Dad for being the tax king!
Ahh, Hawaii - a topic of much debate at our house. The date couldn't be any worse with my work and it all depends on Cami's surgeries.

katy said...

We do the turbo tax thing too. Well curtis does. It is awesome. I wish I could go to Hawaii. Probably could financially but not with 3 tiny kids and I don't really leave them with people. I am very happy you get to go though. I can totally see the beach girl and mountain boy thing. HHHHMMMM, interesting.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- that is great you get to go to hawaii for mindy's wedding. I want one of my silbings to get married in hawaii so I "have" to go! lucky you!